My son is home from college...

And I just asked him "are you happy to be home?" He said yes. I couldn't be happier to have him. Whoot whoot. My other kid home from college is being so silly. Gotta love those kids.
Are your kids home from away for thanksgiving?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• My son is in the military and unfortunately, this is the second Thanksgiving in a row that I won't be with him. He's 20 and I miss him so very much. Enjoy the time you have with your son.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• That is great! I have young children and I hope they are always happy to come home too.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Enjoy your visit with your children home :-)

To answer your question..... My 24 son will be here (he moved back to the area in Sept. after 5 years in the Army & lives 2 blocks away) for the 1st time since 2004, my 22yo will still be in TX (he's been there since 2007...we're hoping for him to be back here next year), my 20yo is coming home from AIT (the school he's in for the Army) on Thursday morning (goes back on Sat., it's his 1st time home since July 19th) and my 18yo is coming home from college tomorrow (he's just 1 1/2 away and was home this weekend and last weekend but this will his 1st time to be home for this long since he left in August). My 20yo is looking forward to being home, he misses us and my 18yo looks forward to the weekends he can come home and spend time with us and his gf (he spends 1 day with us and 1 with her). All of mine love to be around their dad and I whenever possible :-)
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My daughter is home for the week.YAY She attends a college 650 miles away so we really miss her.She will be 20 on the 30th but alas she has a test that day so she will be back in class.It is a wonderful Thanksgiving my 26 yr old will be here for the first time in 3 years.He was deployed last year for all the holidays.The year before that his brigade was at a training center so he was unable to come home.He was based in Anchorage but his Capt career course has him 3 hours away now woop. woop.I will enjoy it while it lasts..Our 14 yr old had a UILTheater Tech competition last weekend and his older brother came to see the competition,spent the night and went back(with a cooler of mom food)late Sunday afternoon.We are enjoying this so much.Happy to have everyone home this year.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My kids were always happy to be home, they looked forward to it and even now they do.

Answer by older at 7:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We'll see my son and his wife at my brother's house for Thanksgiving. He doesn't come home for the Thanksgiving holiday since we spend it closer to where his college is than to where our home is.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My kids are all in high school right now and I'm starting to think about the time when they'll be away from me for periods of time. I'm not really looking forward to that although I do want them to grow up and have their own lives.

BTW, wouldn't it be nice to always be perfect, to have perfect children, perfect self-confidence, never make mistakes, etc., etc., like some people on here? That sure won't be me because I'm human, like most of us.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• we already had are thanks giving on oct 11 but i have 3 adults at home and 2 on their own ,one live close by the other lives in b.c. i see in the summer the rest i see ever day and the others i see ever day their joy in my life
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:56 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My oldest son who is 24 will be with us for a small portion, then he is leaving to go have dinner with his girl friends family. They were with us last year, so it is only fair. I will miss him, but I gave him life so he could live it. I still have my other 4 children with me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• two live at home. The two that live an hour away, (one is married the other will be married in 2 months) will be here on Sunday. I too miss them.
    To you mom's missing your soldiers, my prayers are with you and your children; been there done that!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 25, 2010