How do I get them to sleep in there own beds?

I have 2 boys ages 8 & 10, they have always sleep in the same bed. I decided they were getting to old for this so they now have bunk beds, I put them to bed in their own individual bed however when I wake either the 8 yr old is in the 10 yr olds bed or the 10 yr old is in the 8 yr olds bed... My DH says leave them alone.

sam223

Asked by sam223 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would leave them alone, they will probably work it out on their own when the 10 year old gets tired of it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Eventually, they wanted to. No effort or planning involved.

Of course, when one is sleeping over at the other's house, even now, they share a bed 'cause it's that or the couch.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• As long as their going to bed on time, and not making a fuss I don't see a problem with it..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• @ Zakysmommy that's what DH said...@ Linda that is funny...
    sam223

Comment by sam223 (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I didn't even get my own bed until I was 14 and didn't care one way or the other. It's a bit of a non-issue now. Enjoy the fact that at 8 and 10 they are not trying to kill each other! Lol...
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• CHAINS!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Enjoy the fact they are close and hope it always continues. I agree you should leave it alone. :)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'd leave them to their closeness until they decide to stop it. What a nice bond they have!
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 12:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Thank you ladies, I feel much better about this now..You all are right they are very close, guess I will just enjoy it...
    sam223

Comment by sam223 (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2010