How much should my baby weigh at 7 weeks old?

My son weighed 7lbs 8 oz at birth then droped to 6 lbs 14 oz due to my breast milk not coming in so we supplemented with formula & let him eat as much as he wants per doctors instructions. Now my baby boy weighs 10 -11 lbs at 7 weeks old. Is that a normal weight for his age????

MamaInky

Asked by MamaInky at 9:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• by the way he was also 7 lbs 8 oz at birth, and was 10 lbs 10 oz at 1 month old, and over 12 lbs at 2 months old.
    pennythekitty

Answer by pennythekitty at 9:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• There is a wide range of normal. My son gained 3 lbs in his first 4 weeks and his doctor said great! My daughter only gained about 1 lb and my doctor still said it was fine. As long as he's gaining he's fine. And all babies are different of course, but for my son at least even though he gained so fast at first he really slowed down by about 6 months and was under 20 lbs at a year old.
    pennythekitty

Answer by pennythekitty at 9:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Every baby is different... but my baby was 6-15 at birth, dropped to 6-7 and at 6 weeks was 9-14... NOW he is is 16 weeks and has really packed on the pounds! He is 16 lbs!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2008