Threw up Blood

My daughter is 2 months old. She threw up some blood after a feeding. I am calling the doctor right now, but I want to know what u guys think and if this has ever happene to your baby.

*Update*

I called the doctor. He said to make an appointment tomorrow. But that the amount isnt enough and the one time she did it doesnt alarm him much but he does want to double check some things.

The Blood was the size of a silver dollar. It was like dark red, not bright red... like maroon almost.

Im at the emergency room right now. I couldnt take the anxiousness. So far nothing is wrong with her...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would be freaking out! Don't spend your time on here until you find out what is going on!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Are you bf'ing? Do you have cracked/sore nipples? Sometimes this can give the appearance of throwing up blood when it's actually not the baby's blood but yours that's been injested. However regardless you're right to call, it needs to be checked out- hope everything is okay!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• How much blood? A tiny pinkish/reddish sliver? More than a teaspoon? Dark red or pale pink?
    Sarahsdawn

Answer by Sarahsdawn at 10:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would've taken her to the ER the second she threw it up. I wouldn't even bothered with the doctor. Bright red means fresh blood and the amount .. heck any amount is too much to be spitting up.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• For that amount, personally, I would be calling my pediatrician, and meet her at the ER, asap.
    Sarahsdawn

Answer by Sarahsdawn at 12:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2010