Foul and strong smelling urine, dark, cloudy...what is it?

At first I thought I was just dehydrated, but I've been making sure I drink plenty of water and my urine is still like this. It smells absolutely horrible and it is very dark and cloudy. I don't know what it is. Been like this for a couple weeks at least. No other symptoms (no burning, itching, etc). Any ideas?

MommySteph06

Asked by MommySteph06 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Health

• Yeast or urine infection even w/o burning and/or itching could still be possible. Get it checked.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 10:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• At first it sounded like maybe a urinary tract infection. Do you feel the need to urinate often? If not that then maybe a yeast infection, either way you should see the Dr.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sounds to me like a urinary tack infection. You should go see yoru doc.
    And I've NEVER EVER had UTI with the burning that everyone says is supposed to accompany one.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 10:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sounds like you need to go to the doctor and you're probably not drinking enough water.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 10:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Are you taking any new medication, anything,,,diet pills even? How bout vitamins, have you changed or added vitamins to your diet? If the answer is no to both, then you need to go see a doctor to see whats going on. Sometimes you can have infections without burning and itching. My dd used to have UTI's all the time, without any symptoms except for foul and cloudy urine
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You may have an UTI. It's best to see a doctor.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/171820-danger-signs-of-urine/

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You need to go to the DR now!
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 10:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Well, I haven't added any new meds or vitamins or anything like that. I know I'm drinking plenty of water. I guess I will be making a doctor's appointment. Thanks everyone!
    MommySteph06

Comment by MommySteph06 (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It sounds like you need a urinalysis. It could be a myriad of things. A urine dipstick and possibly a culture and sensitivity test will give you a better idea of what is going on.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sounds like it could be a UTI....I would go to the doctor and get it checked....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 4:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2010