How much does it cost and where do I go to get a cat groomed?

We have a cat with longer hair that needs to get groomed,he is leaving hair everywhere.

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 10:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pets

• It's a lot harder to find groomers for cats. I've had to do it several times and here's the only luck I've had...
    1) There's one groomer located in a vets office nearby that will do cats. It's good that it's in a vet's office because some cats end up having to be sedated for the grooming, which is easy to do when they're already at the vets. If you've never had this cat groomed, that may be your only option since you don't know if it will cooperate or not
    2) The rare mobile groomer (the ones w/ the vans that come to your house) will agree to do a cat. I found ONE out of the dozen I called, and she only came because I begged her and explained that we'd had this cat groomed many times before and I know for a fact that the cat is calm and won't need sedation. The groomer finally agreed to do it and all went well.
    Each of these options cost me about $75. It's more if the cat has to be sedated. Cont'd
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• what city are you in?
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Monticello,GA
    Ananomys

Comment by Ananomys (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• petsmart you can but they will only do a lion cut on them cause they have to put a cone on thier head and its about 86 dollars but that is the only place i know that does it.....
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• go to a groomer.. We got our cat done for about 40 bucks I think.
    Andeigh

Answer by Andeigh at 11:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• do u have petco? check on line
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 2:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• if u have petco go take ur cat there it cost around 40 bucks i think thats all i can think of
    jessiewillwife

Answer by jessiewillwife at 4:02 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I never found a petco/petsmart that would groom cats.
    If I were you, I would just start an internet search for "cat grooming monticello GA" and then start calling to verify that yes, they will actually do cats. Again, its a lot tougher than finding one for dogs, but you'll probably have some luck if you're persistent. Best to you!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Cats are going to shed regardless of whether they are groomed or not. I used to work at a vet and a client shaved down their short hair cat. The cat still shed. Long haired cats do tend to leave tufts of hair though. Your vet might do it also though it won't be as pretty as a groomer. Call differant groomers most of them do both cats and dogs. As far as the cost I don't have a clue I do that sort of thing myself.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2010