Do any of you embrace Socialism?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I most certainly do NOT!!!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No, I'm allergic to it.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No! I embrace Freedom... Of course we are seeing less and less Freedom and more and more socialism now a days...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• NO!
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 1:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think socialized health care would be awesome. The military seems to have a great way of doing it (in my own experience in the Navy), so I don't see why we can't work it out. There are definitely areas where socialism has it's place and some places where it doesn't.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• What do you mean by socialism?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The fact that everyone gets a fair wage, yes
    The fact that doctors get paid the same as janitors, no
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Nope, If that is what I wanted then i'd leave.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• If you mean pure socialism, then NO I neither believe in it nor desire it. Generally the extremes of an ideology are NOT a good idea. IMO If you really mean something like Social Democracy or even Democratic Socialism, then yes or maybe--it all depends on how these are defined though. In any case, you can have some elements of an ideology without taking it to an extreme--in other words some socialist ideas can work within capitalism and within a democracy. I don't think people really understand what this word means, and they often throw it around when attacking their opponents. Very few people in the U.S. are pure socialists, but it seems like a lot of people are accused of being one.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• There are no redeeming qualities to socialism and we do not have socialism as defined by many on this board. We can opt in to or out of medicare, medicaid, social security (although we do have it automatically deducted). We pay property and sales taxes for our infra structure including fire and police protection. Marxist socialism is what guides our dear leader. That and his "fathers dreams" that he is trying to fulfill. In socialistic countries, they run out of other people's money and then they riot like in Greece, England and Ireland when the money is no longer there to pay the infrastructure and their unions. Embracing socialism guarantees mediocrity of the culture in the socialist country unless you have a hybrid like China...which executes and jails without trial and at the whim of the ruling elite.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 12:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010