Is it wrong to ask everyone to pitch in.

My son is being blessed in January and a lot of the family are going to all be in Logan including my brother in law and his wife and twin girls and my other in laws and a family friend who is the last surviving member of his real family so we've kind of adopted him into ours. H has a history of mental illnesses and other health concerns which are not made better by his lack of real family and nobody close by.
Well we have a cousin, or my hubs does anyways, who lives the other end of the state and takes some truly AMAZING photography. I'd love to get him to come up and take pictuers of everyone and H so that then when he goes back to his home on the east coast he'll ahve some great nice pictures of him along with the whole family.
The only problem is while it's my idea, and it's not even come up yet. I want to do it, but I just can't afford to pay the cousin all by myself, it's pretty pricey. Do you think it's wrong to get in touch with the other sibs and family to see if they'd also like the idea of the pics and maybe ask them to pitch on the price of them?

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 11:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Doesn't hurt to ask. I think it is a great idea but the only way you are going to get help is to ask.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:50 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No I don't think it is wrong at all. I do it. I raise my 13 year old half brother and I ask my step sister to help all the time. (his other half sister)
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 11:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i think that everyone would like to have family pictures of everyone
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 11:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• it's great that you want to have family photo taken but you need to talk to family about it ,and if they come back that they can not afford it you have to go different root
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You can ask and see what they say

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• a few years back my siblings and I talked about taking a family picture for my mother as a birthday gift. It was my sisters idea and I knew that the right thing to do was to pitch in but I could not afford it. I mentioned this to my siblings and they did not have extra money to loan me for my share of the cost so we never took the picture. two months later, my brother past away and we never got to take that picture.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 2:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would what is it going to hurt if you ask. If they don't want to then that's ok to.
    Shelbegto

Answer by Shelbegto at 3:51 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't think it's wrong to ask at all. They should be happy to chip in.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 1:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010