potty training draining?

I knew it'd be hard but physicaly draining? I never would have thought. Is this normal?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 11:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is the trainee? Maybe take a little break, your toddler might not be ready, or might be feeling the same way. Some children are more difficult than others. Give yourself a break and try starting up again after the holidays.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• No kid ever goes to college not potty-trained. Take it easy. Some moms are able to potty-train their kids by 18 months (kudos to them), but most I know end up just following the kids' time table. When the kid is ready, he/she will just do it.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I had a really tough time potty training my daughter who is three. I got pregnant and outside forces really pushed the issue. But I threw out all my reasons for just taking it really easy. We had pullups. We encouraged potty use, but she really did it more at daycare where there were bigger kids than at home at first. Then eventually we figured out and worked out rewards, a dora fruitsnack if she used the potty and was dry. If she potties but was dirty she just got a laffy taffy. It worked wonders for her, but I think around the point that the treats worked she was also more ready.
    There is nothing wrong with taking a break if you're both getting frustrated. Or even if YOU just aren't able to deal with it right now. It's a busy time of year and really if your the one making the big push, then it may not matter to your kid if it's now or in a couple months.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 11:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yep, it's pretty exhausting. We did the 3 day method, which I swear by after using it. I couldn't imagine dragging it on beyond that. It is still tiring having to be there every time the kiddo needs to pee or poop, but it's a whole lot better than diapers, and it's worth it. Truro be patient and consistent, mama, and make sure to reward YOURSELF when all is said and done in the potty. =)
    Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Try to, not truro
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• yes it is normal
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 9:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010