Reactions to changing Formula?

My son has been throwing up for the last week. Well, I got him into the doc today for a follwoup to his wellchild check. The dr isn't sure what is wrong but is trying some different theories and has a plan to try and address the issue.
The first thing he's trying is changing Ryker's formula. He had been doing the Similac Isomil Soy, but now Dr. A gave us a sample can of the Similac Alimetrum to try through tomorrow and then see how that goes if it helps the problem. So far he's eaten it twice. and it's like pulling teeth to get him to actually EAT the formula.
I don't know if he just doesn't like it or if its' really that different from what he nomrally eats. So far he hasn't puked after either feeding which is a huge great improvement but is it pretty common that he doesn't want to eat it when it just get changed or could something else be going on?
If the formula isn't the issue the next thing the dr. wants to try is acid reflux medication. But first he wanted to try formula change. So any knowledge or advice out there on this?

JadeRDragosani

Asked by JadeRDragosani at 11:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My middle DD was a puker and we ended up going on a 1/2 and 1/2 diet on accident but it worked and she never needed the meds. Her daycare provided free formula but it was Carnation Good Start. We got Isomil from WIC so, during the day, she got the Good Start. At night she got the Isomil. She stopped puking and we never had to go on meds! YaY!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• you could first try mixing the formula half and half that's what i had to do with my ds he ended up on similac sensitive and zantac until he was about 9 months old
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010