There is a special place in heaven for working moms, don't you agree?

It just really saddens me to see how many people can judge a working mother like they do. Not everyone can afford to stay at home and take care of their kids. It doesn't make you a bad mother to put your kids in daycare. There are women out there who prefer to work. It's not a crime, it's not a sin. It's their choice. So, I say, Keep up the Hard Work, Working Moms. We love you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Ive been a single working mom for 7 yrs,,,enough said,,,oh and thanks for the post!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I don't judge. I did not judge SAHMs when I was active duty working full time, did not judge working moms in the almost 5 years that I have been a SAHM, and I certainly will not go back to judging SAHMs when I start working on Monday. We gotta do what we gotta do for our family.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Some moms don't have a choice out of necessity and still other moms are better for themselves and their families if they are not at home. It is a choice either out of personal choice or necessity. Each mom needs to do what is best for their family. Our job is hard enough we need to encourage each other not tear each other down.
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 11:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I agree completely...every mom, working or sahm, has a job to do...some just have more in their plates (working moms, outside of the home)...I'm fortunate enough to be able to stay at home and raise our dd..it killed me to put her in daycare when I did work, and couldn't bear to see the look on her face as I walked away. It is a great joy to be around my child 24/7 but I completely understand and do not judge those who choose or must work. More power to those who do bc like I said I couldn't stand it!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Wow, are you serious right now? There are moms who CAN'T afford to be a working parent, because there isn't a job out there that would pay for anything else BUT daycare. Which defeats the entire purpose of having a job to begin with. How about those mothers who DON'T have a choice but to be a SAHM? Oh, but of course you're a saviour, because you don't have a choice but to work, right? Don't judge us because you are a working parent. Yes, there are some SAHM's AND working mom's who say one is better then the other. It goes BOTH WAYS. However, that doesn't mean we all condem working mom's for the choices that they make. Don't judge us based on your own insecurities. I don't care if you're a working mom or a SAHM, as long as you provide for your family in all ways that are important. You're not any better as a working parent, just as we're not any better as a stay at home parent. Period.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Thank you :) this means a lot
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i know it's life like i said, IDC IF SOMEONE NEEDS TO WORK TO HELP TAKE CARE OF THEIR FAMILY BUT..... i'm just glad i don't have to send my kids away all day, i enjoy being with them 24/7...never said anything bad about working moms
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Agreed-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• idc if someone needs to work to help take care of their family, but it would make me sad for my kids to be in daycare from 7 am until 4 pm like alot of kids are, i'd rather be the one here with them
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Josie, that is your opinion. It might make you sad, but it's life

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2010