what to get a 2 year old, who has too many toys, for chistmas

My parents, sister and in-laws are going toy crazy for my 2 year old son this christmas. He already has a lot of toys on top of that.
I am looking for suggestions for non-toy gifts for him, any help would be good

thanks :)

Amelora

Asked by Amelora at 11:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• My suggestion is to donate any toys that he doesn't play with anymore. That way the new toys he gets won't get lost in the mound of toys he already has. Now to answer your question .. Coloring books and crayons, an Easle, Magnets for the fridge (if he's allowed in the kitchen), Books, DVD's with his favorite characters and/or lessons on letters and numbers, or Puppets. You could also get him sidewalk chalk, which would be better for a warmer climate this time of year, but could always be used on a chalk board as well. You could get him supplies to make homemade puppets or other crafts. Things you two could do together especially on rainy days. Activity books, Puzzles, toddler board games, flash cards, or music.

That's the extent of what I can think of this late at night. Haha
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I always say BOOKS.

IMO one can never have too many books!
    Anonymous

• posters for the walls of his bedroom that he will enjoy having in his room...
    ride on things like a tricycle, or fisher price has skates that grow with the kid
    movies, games, yes of course books, never have too many books
    new toy box for all those new toys
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My grandson is 2 going on 3 next April. He also has many toys. As people say, books are good. I'm getting him and his younger brother (14 mos. apart) stools for the bathroom and painting them and then personalizing them with their names for brushing their teeth, washing their hands, etc. Another idea is one of the V-tech learning games. Some toddler craft items- large crayons, coloring books, sketch pads, washable markers, kids foamies, etc. Buy a childs suitcase or some type of tote and personalize it for him to keep all his "crafting" goodies in.
    CrazyDaisy123

Answer by CrazyDaisy123 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If this child is going to receive alot of toys I think I would purchase a savings bond for him.If he could get 1 each year just think what a nice amount of cash he will have when he graduates from high school.It sure would help with college expenses.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• books, a toy couch or recliner, Color wonder markers, paints, a desk. Clothes if needed
    BriceAllisonMom

Answer by BriceAllisonMom at 12:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Savings bond or start him a savings account.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• books!!! craft supplies. clothes. winter boots/ snow accessories. zoo membership. chuck e cheese tokens.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2010