My 1st Thanksgiving I'm hosting... think I have enough?

I only have DEFINITE "yesses" on 4 people so including us that makes 6 adults and 1 toddler... most of these recipes are for 12 servings, and what isn't 12 servings are the appetizers or 2 different 8-serving pies, of which I'm making 2 of each. My problem is, I invited my best friend, her mom, her sister & her sister's hubby & 2 toddlers. They lost their dad last December so this will be the 1st Thanksgiving without him. I mentioned something to my BFF 2 weeks ago when she visited, but she kind of gave me the impression they had plans but were not looking forward to them. I sent out a formal invite on Facebook to them tonight, and they replied "You're the best!" and "Thank you!" but that doesn't say "YES I'M COMING" to me, so I'm not sure what to think. I told them no pressure though, so I don't want to pry.
ANYWAY... Here's my menu:

Appetizers - cream cheese balls with mini shrimp & crab with Ritz crackers; cheese & sausage & cracker tray; chips/chex mix; Rotel dip & Doritos; Bacon Cheddar deviled eggs (24)

Main Course - 13.5 lb turkey; 2 different types of stuffing that DH is making; Cranberry sauce; Green bean casserole; whipped potato casserole; chili cheese spaghetti (yum)

Desserts - 2 apple pies and 2 "Easy Freezy pumpkin pies" and maybe some home made cookies(?)

Like I said originally we were only planning on 4, then his parents said they'd be by later on in the evening, then I felt I should invite my BFF and her family. I don't know if they'll show but if they do, do you think I have enough? I bought all my food planning on 4 adults and 1 child, and knowing I'd have plenty of leftovers.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Not to stress you out by any means, 13. lb turkey is perfect if the extras you invited dont show, but I was alwyas told to plan for everyone to eat 1.5-2 pounds each of turkey! (never happens that way really) but if EVERYONE shows up...you might end up short on the bird...but other wise your menu looks fantastic! Have fun and good luck!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• OMG you are doing great ;)...UGH! can me & my family come over?...lol Have a great time!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• :) Sure! Come on over! *whew* I'm so nervous... it's only gonna be the closest of family so I don't know why I'm so anxious... but I'm excited at the same time.
    Thank you for the boost, mama!
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Forget the Facebook idea and call your friend. Is it really that big of a deal to find out if they are coming or not? I hate Facebook,,,lol,,,just call her and ask, that way you will know for sure, Thanksgiving is in 3 days! Sounds like you have a good amount of food though, Have fun
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Goodness...sounds like you have it all covered!

I took a looksey to see where ya are.........if I still lived in town and I was on here I'd be bringing some food over to help ya!

I lived off Grand and Chippewa in 1999/2000. Not far from Schnooks at Gravois Ave. ( store name used to crack me up! )

I am sure all will go well........the kids will love the cookies too as a dessert!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• And HAVE A HAPPY GIVING OF THANKS DAY..as I call it!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• falling_leaveschilli cheese spaghetti sounds delicious. i ve never had it. just curious what are u having for drinks?

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Sorry Maya123 I didn't get back on here on this question til now... we just had beer & liquors & soda & tea & wine... :D I guess a little of everything. We usually have beer, liquor & wine in the house, our basement has another full kitchen & we use that as a bar. :) We're not much of soda drinkers though, so I bought some to mix with whiskey or whatever people wanted or if they just wanted a soda.

I was going to make Apple Cider too in the crock pot but never got around to it... but that's ok. I'd be the only one drinking it anyway!! I know DH's family. :D
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2010