would you definitely know if your water was leaking?

how would you know the difference between your water leaking and discharge or weak bladder?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• fluid doenst have a smell and its clear. put a pad on and if you soak it right away is probably your water
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• weak bladder would eventually stop the flow. Water leaking just keeps leaking out. Also, if you do Kegals, urine flow would stop, water won't.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You may not always be able to tell. I thought I was having bladder control issues when mine broke. I was "peeing" all day, incredible amounts, overflowing maxi pads left and right. Somehow it never occurred to me that I was still peeing as much as normal on top of it. It took me 14 hours to figure it out, and only because by then, it started to turn pink. I think I was in denial, because I felt like it was never actually going to happen! =)
    Ironically, I'm a midwifery student! So even those with a relatively trained eye can miss these things when it comes to their own bodies.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• No, you can not tell for certain sometimes.
    If it keep leaking, if it has no odor...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I did early morning and then my water broke that night!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 12:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It may not be leaking...it could have broke. People are under the perception that water breaking is a big "whoosh" when actually it could be that or just drops. GO TO THE DOCTOR ASAP!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2010