Should I have had my positive by now?

I'm 8 days late, you'd think If I was pregnant, I'd have a positive by now? Has anyone not had a positive as of 8 days late, and still been pregnant?

twistedexcuse

Asked by twistedexcuse at 11:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• that is really unusal and now the tests are more sensitive so you should have a positive but maybe your body isn't producing the hormone yet i would get a blood test from your doctor
    nandy90

Answer by nandy90 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Are you taking the test first thing in the morning?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I tested two days after my missed period. I'm waiting for my fiance to be there for the next go around. You'd think after day two I would have had a positive. I feel pregnant again, Just need some verification.
    twistedexcuse

Comment by twistedexcuse (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Cycles are unpredictable sometimes, if you're really stressed about it, that can cause it to act funny. Make sure you get first morning's pee and that you don't dilute it by drinking a lot of water to make yourself go. I'd wait a few more days before re-testing to give your body time to produce the amount of hormone levels necessary to show on a urine test. If you're still getting negatives after a few days and your cycle's still a no show, go to the doc and get a blood test. GL!!!
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 11:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I bought a test that said I could take it ANY time of the day, but other then that. I have not taken it in the morning. Last time I was pregnant, I took a test around 7pm and it was positive before I could even bring it up from between my legs.
    twistedexcuse

Comment by twistedexcuse (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'M NOT SURE AS I'M GOING THROUGH SOMETHING SIMILAR
    ChosenByGod40

Answer by ChosenByGod40 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Even if the test says you can take it "ANY" time of the day your first mornings urine is the MOST concentrated. You NEED to take the test with first mornings urine.

If it's still NOT positive take another test in ONE WEEK. If that is STILL negative and AF hasn't shown up yet then you need to see your OBGYN for a blood test.
    Anonymous