what would you do?

dhand I recently moved in with my parents (we made a five hour move)in hopes of finding better jobs. Andin two months we have both gotten good jobss and are looking for a place to rent. Thehouse next to my parents has been empty since august. The woman living there just left and left ALOT of trash and stuff in the house, at least three truckloads of stuff. My moms neighbor is getting her house foreclosed and has been saying for two months she's going to move into that rental house. But in two months she hasn't even tried to clean the house, none of the utilities are on and she doesn't have a single box in her house packed. So I finally called the landlord and told him I wanted the house and I could give him a check on monday. He said he's going to give the neighbor until the end of the week. But now she's really mad at my mom and us for "stealing" the house. I'm sorry but she's had TWO MONTHS And hasn't done anything at all. She hasn't even paid a deposit or anything on that house. And it's perfect for us, cheap rent, close to ym mom and she watches the baby for us. I understand she's upset, but come on. How long is it going to take her to move thirty feetacross the street?? I've offered the landlord a check, so we will see what happens. I just dotn want to cause any bad feelings around here. But we need a place to live. She sent her kids to go live with her mom two years ago, she's single, and won't be able to afford the house anyways. There's some really nice income controlled apts up town she can get in.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i wouldn't worry about the neightbor too much. like you said, she had two months to decide on what to do and that place isn't going to sit their forever. if she isn't doing it now it could be months before she decides to do anything. anybody could could have just come in and "stole" that place from her. i would just focus on your family and what your family needs, and it sounds like a great opportunity for you. i wouldn't pass it up just because somebody else wants it. and like you said there are other places out there that she could rent too. even if you were to move into another place further away from your mom, and still 6 months down the line and that lady is still trying to make up her mind, then you're going to be wishing you went with your instinct.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 11:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I say go for it its not up to her if the landlord says you can move in but sounds like your gonna be busy cleaning
    BriceAllisonMom

Answer by BriceAllisonMom at 12:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The landlord gave her until the end of the week - if she wants it that bad she will come up with something. I understand you not wanting to cause problems but you need a place to live, that place is there. If you are willing to take on the task of cleaning it and such (which SHOULD be the responsibility of the landlord) then go for it. Good luck!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2010