does anyone know about social security

my sons dad died when he was 2 months old, The soical security office told me that his dad didn't work enough to for my son to draw soical security off of him does anyone know anything else i can do

kandist

Asked by kandist at 11:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• So your son couldn't get survivors benefits?
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 11:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Wow, I'm sorry for your loss, how horrible. Have you talked with Social Security about other ways in which you can be helped? That really doesn't make much sense.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• they said no bc his dad only worked 3 days of his whole life so he didn't put nothing in for my son to draw off of
    kandist

Comment by kandist (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'm sorry i don't what else you could do then
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i even talked to my laywer and he said there was nothing I could do either and my laywers been a friend of the family for many years so I never thought about pushing the issue any further cause he said there was nothing i could do or get
    kandist

Comment by kandist (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If he didn't work and pay in enough then there isn't anything you can do about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• He had to have put something in for your son to draw any benefits. I'm sorry, but that's how social security works.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2010