My daughter would like to make a blanket, but don't really know how to knit. LOVE cross stitch though.

Willing to learn how! Where would you get the yarn and what kind? I want to say Michael's.

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 12:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I actually saw a kit at Walmart. It had detailed instructions and the needles. They also had one for crocheting. It's in the yarn aisle in the craft section.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Walmart, Michael, or A/C Moore all have great selections of yarn and book to learn to knit or crochet. Michael or A/C Moore might have class to learn. Look up yarn and your town, and you might find a yarn store that will have class on learning.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 7:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You can make a nice cross stich design on a blanket. I have one I got from the church for Abby's baptism.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 9:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Why not do a quilt with cross-stitched squares interspersed with plain squares? Would be more of an heirloom than a knitted blanket.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• you could always make a knot blanket with fleece
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Check out Youtube videos...they have so many that offer step-by-step.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:06 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Conley639 has the answer I was going to post! Last year for Christmas I bought a kit for my granddaughter and we sat and knotted the pieces together. It goes rather quickly and you can follow the instructions or make up your own color pattern. I'm pretty sure that I bought it at Michael's and it was, I want to say, around $20.00.
    clockwatcher

Answer by clockwatcher at 9:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010