WWYD?

Some friends of ours lost their dog, or I should say he ran away. He's an outside dog. He's a border collie, and we all know how they run.. She only called the local shelters and posted it on facebook, with a picture.
I thought I would help and post it on craigslist, and make my email anon, and then if they're serious they can send me their number and I will call them. I took the photo from facebook, cropped it, so it's the dog only in the pic. What do you think, should I help her out? I'm such an animal freak, and I just hate the thought of him being out there in the cold... But then again he's an outside dog, so he could be anywhere... TY!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pets

• Well, it's not going to hurt anything, right? He is an outside dog, so he knows how to find shelter. I understand, I would feel terrible about him too. I can't even watch those Humane Society commercials without balling my eyes out. I love dogs. Hope you find him!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think it's very nice of you to help them! And who knows, maybe he will just come home when he gets tired, I hope so!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• very nice of u to do that. good luck
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 2:55 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Do you have any ranches around where you live? Where there is livestock; and maybe a female border collie who is in heat? Male dogs can smell it from miles away-and they chase that smell for miles if they have to!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would have done the same to help out. A friend of mine actually is foster mom to a dog from the pound....posted pics of the dog she has to see if anyone claimed her. So far no one has.......I think she was left or her owners were elderly and the family let the dog roam around as no tags were found on her, could have just been a stray too but she was very house trained.....and very quiet loving dog.

Craigs List is a good way to get the word out .....good luck!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:29 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You're not hurting so go for it.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would do everything I could. We lost a pound puppy that ran away, we still miss him.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2010