My baby ate wild rabbit poop!!! What should I do?

We were in the yard setting up Christmas decorations, my 12 month old was playing in the grass. I looked over right as she put something in her mouth. I thought it was grass because we had been fussing at her not to eat it the whole time...but when I got to her she pulled out something dark and round. I looked at the ground where she was and there was a small pile of what looked like rabbit poop!!! I don't think she swallowed any and the piece she pulled out of her mouth was not chewed or any thing...but I'm still freaking out!! I took her right inside and washed her hands/mouth. It was to late to call her Doctor. Should I make an appointment, or is it too early to do anything for her any way???

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• watch the baby better next time? really? your child has never done anything like this? give me a break! *EYE ROLL*
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 2:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Give her something to drink, wash her hands, brush her teeth and keep an eye on her. Chances are there wasn't anything harmful in the poop, but I would say you should also call the doctor and get their assessment as well. They may want to check her out or put her on something in case of parasites, but chances are she'll be just fine.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Ha! I'm laughing because when I was a baby I also ate rabbit poop. My parents used it against me when I was a teenager and told my friends I ate rabbit poo. It didn't hurt me and my parents got a future laugh.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm glad to know this had happened to someone else!!! I will be calling her Dr. in the morning.
    Anon344

Comment by Anon344 (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• give her alot of water
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 9:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Watch your child better next time.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2010