lactating???

im 37 weeks and nothing is coming out......with my first child i was lactating at five monthes and it was a lot lol butvnow im wondering if my milk is dried up..... is there something i can do to make me start cause i want to breastfeed her????

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 1:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your milk doesn't come in until after the baby is born and the placenta detaches. Just nurse exclusively on demand when she gets here and you'll be good. 1 diaper per day of life up to day 6 and at least 6 thereafter.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It is VERY RARE that a woman truly "dries up"....I would consider yourself blessed that you aren't lactating right now...what would you do with it anyway? Pretty soon....pretty soon!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:36 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• the reason why im so worried is because my mom didnt have any milk with me she had a lot with my brother who is 14 years older then me and had some not much with my sister who is 11years older then me but with me nothing and the doctors didnt know why so im wondering...........just freaking out of nothing i guess lol
    twimommy

Comment by twimommy (original poster) at 1:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My mom "didn't have any milk" with me either... it's just BS. They didn't know much about breastfeeding back then and took normal behaviors and stages to mean mom wasn't making milk. You typically make more milk with each subsequent child.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2010