Please Help Me:(?

going crazyI just found out that i have a simple assault charge on my record from last year. I dont know anything about it. What do I do about this? I have a clean record!That is a misdemeanor! this is crucial to me in my eyesight....please advise me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• Request a copy of the report. You might be able to counter it, but you will want to check with an attorney to be sure.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Seek legal help.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You may be a victim of identity theft. You need to contact your local District Attorney's office. You also need to contact the credit bureau in your area. They will pull a credit report for free once a year. If you find that you will need a lawyer to clean this up contact Legal Aid in your area. Get on this ASAP.
    dreamn

Answer by dreamn at 2:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Sounds like someone used your name. I would consult with the clean slate program in your area.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 1:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Request a report on the incident. If it was you ask for it to be expunged. If it wasn't you ask how you can about having it removed.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No advice heres a bump and some luck!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Dear Help Me,

I also have one of those from a stupid New Years Eve party altercation with my friend "we were drinking"..It does not matter..It will stay on there for 6 years. Employers look at it and throw your resume in the trash....I believe only felony convictions should show up to employers. It's almost impossible to get work these days. the law is starving and you will get arrested for anything now days. And it affects you forever.
    pieceofmind

Answer by pieceofmind at 8:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2010