What do you feed your baby?

i could use some tips and ideas on what to feed my ten months old baby.. so far i have been mixing vegetable and give her with some rice cereals for lunch, and for dinner i have been feeding her mixed grains cereals and some gerber fruits puree.. i would like to try some new recepes but have not a clue on what i can or cannot feed her.. please help me out moms:-))

ashley387

Asked by ashley387 at 1:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh, for the best meal ideas go to Gerber.com and go to the menu planner, select what stage your childis, and it will give you (According to the food pyramid) what they need each day. =)
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I give my 11 month old table foods bc she won't eat the puree foods. I just pretty much give her a little bit of what we're eating at each meal unless I know its something that will choke her or is something she obviously shouldn't have.
    Like today for breakfast I have her a scrambled egg. The other night she got to eat spaghetti.
    mlg87ok

Answer by mlg87ok at 3:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/ great recipes
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 3:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I made my own baby foods with my daughter, and I just kinda went with she couldn't ahve strawberry's, milk or raw honey.
    So if I made a smoothie, before I'd sweeten with honey I'd pull some out for her to try too.
    Her favorite was what I called her blueberry muffin. I'd use mixed or whole grain (she never did like rice) cereal and then I'd send a little applesauce, no sugar variety, and some frozen blueberies for awhile in the blender nad mix it into the cereal.
    I was also a bit of an advocate for eating what the rest of the family is eating, or close to. The only thing I was agianst is I refused to send meat through my blender. EVER. If they can't chew it and eat it then it can wait.
    Now may be a good time to try some pasta cooked really soft or other soft cooked veggies that baby can pick up and finger feed. Not sure how developmental to age approp that is, but I also go by my kid a lot too.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 5:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It sounds like she's old enough for some soft, small table foods. Cut up a banana, avocado, sweet potato, cheerios. If you want to try a meat, you can take ground beef and spread it on a cookie sheet, and bake until done, and offer that, it's small and relatively soft. Oatmeal is a good idea too. Fruits and veggies, anything you can steam or bake until soft, and cut into small pieces, or anything that is soft enough to not cook.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Why not give her table foods? By that age, my sons were eating mostly table foods. They can eat almost anything you would eat, minus all the spices and seasonings.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I've been sharing table foods with my daughter since we started her on solids at about 6-7 months. As long as what you're eating is healthy and well-balanced, it will be good for baby also. At 10 months, my daughter was eating just about everything we ate except meat & eggs.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 1:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My daughter never ate pureed foods. She went straight to chopped table foods at 10 months old. Just cut up whatever you are eating :)
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 10:15 AM on Nov. 24, 2010