Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Legal last name change for my son

I had my son before I met my husband. I don't even know who my son's "father" is (rape case). I really want my son to have my husband's last name since he thinks of my husband and even calls him "Daddy". Any help on how to do this would be wonderful!!

Answer Question

Asked by scaruso08 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 2 (10 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • there is no one on the birth certificate correct? I would call your local family court and see how your husband could go about adopting your son

    Answer by heatherann0221 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • i would keep his name as your family name and not your husbands....because its possible for you and your husband to split up and he dont want nothin for your child.

    Answer by ProuMom552 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • look into a step parent adoption

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

  • Have your hubby adopt your son. Then even if you do split up he has a father still. It should not take much seeing as its a case of rape and there is no father at all. My husband adopted my son because he needed a dad, saw my hubby as his dad and I wanted our children to have the same lst name.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 9:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.