Do you think the airlines will lose money?

With the latest installation of TSA policy, do you think that the airlines will start losing money? I don't know many people who want to be felt up by a TSA stranger because of them wanting to keep terrorists off the planes.

I don't know about you, but I think they will. No one wants their intimate privacy invaded.. why pay for it?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The airlines are losing money anyway, this will just compound it. People are already cutting out air travel when there are cheaper alternatives, and more and more companies are cutting funding for all travel expenses because they are struggling - it's being replaced with teleconferencing or restricting employees to local conferences and training within driving distance.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:16 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes absolutely, if allowed to continue. I heard the airlines can actually opt out of the whole thing. If that is true you will hear them doing so if they start losing money because of it. I'd expect to hear by the end of the week if the crowds flying were smaller since this is a holiday week.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think so. I, for one, would not be flying with them unless it was an absolute necessity.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No. People want to travel by plane, therefore, they will complain (and maybe even file a sexual assault claim) about the policy but will still travel by plane.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 2:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't...... the alternatives (train or bus) are so much less convenient. If you need fast travel you're a slave to them
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• IDK, but it's possible. I stopped flying when I had to start paying extra for my bags to fly. I opt for a long summer vacation to destinations I used to fly to and have to rent a car. This way I have my own transportation, we get to see all of the cool stuff on the way there and back and I can leave when I want to (when visiting family this is a priceless commodity).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My company is now allowing employees to "opt out" of flying and paying them mileage if they need to travel to TN for training.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:55 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No people who need to travel will still do it, complaining and all.

Answer by older at 11:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I agree with kerp1960.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I prefer road trips to plane trips, so I hope to not be one of the "chosen." Road trips may take longer, but they're also more memorable.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2010