with the cold weather here, my hands are SOO sore and cracking..anyone know of anything that works good??

or maybe even homemade lotions...it seems like everytime i put a lotion on, they start stinging and i get tiny lil red bumps..IT HURTS!!

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 2:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• God, there are a lot out there. I would have to 2nd the Aveeno hand cream and add Neutrogena hand emulsion. It has a lot of glycerin in it and doesn't cause the burning sensation (like Cetaphil does for me in these instances). The best time to put it on is after washing your hands when they're still a bit damp for ease of spreading. Also, Avon's moisture therapy, which is similar to Neutrogena, but a tad cheaper (it also has a slight fragrance to it, but I don't think it's offensive). I tend to like these better than the mostly mineral oil/petroleum types (eg. Aveda) as they absorb quickly and leave no greasy feeling.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 3:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Aveno has always worked to soothe my cracked, dry hands.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have heard corn huskers oil/lotion works really well!
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 3:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I put a small amount of Vaseline on my hands every night. A friend does it and wears cotton gloves to bed, but I just use a little and it gets absorbed pretty fast. It works great for me. Once November hits I do it faithfully until spring.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Unrefined Raw Shea Butter...I swear by the stuff for everything.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Coconut oil. Stay away from vaseline and other petrochemicals; they cause more harm than good.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have that too. From washing my hands so much and then going in and out from the cold weather. I use Avon Moisture Therapy. It's inexpensive and it works really well. It only takes a little to do the job, which makes the bottle last a long time. I think it's only like $2.99. Check out this website if you are interested www.youravon.com/erandall
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 10:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Aveeno Or Eucerin GL
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I am an avid Aveeno user!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2010