What are your views on the whole TSA situation(s)?

Personally, I think that the TSA agents hate their jobs even more now. I mean, who in their right mind would want to search, pat and grope people all day long?

I think that people are taking everything way out of hands. I do, however, understand that some TSA agents have been ass holes to passengers and just simply not caring if they have medical problems, etc... like the man who's urine bag was busted all over him due to the TSA just not giving a crap.

Why are people making such a big deal about going through the new security checks? Wouldn't you feel safer on a plane with someone who's been fully checked and you're not positive no one is carrying anything illegal or harmful to your well being?

I think people really need to wake up and see the big picture. The government isn't doing this to take away rights or anything like that, they are doing it for a safer country.

(Again, my personal opinion. No bashing, please)

If you're tired of hearing about the TSA crap, then just skip over the question...

AtHomeMommy-3

Asked by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:35 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agreeOP. I just went to the MPLS.StPaul airport to pick up a relative who flew in from Raleigh and he said everyone went through scanners and it didn't seem to be a problem for anyone.It didn't take long and nobody had a hissy fit. :-) I don't think your average, well-adjusted person minds the scanners at all.
    When I fly in Dec. I will be scanned. I will not wear a bra with an underwire(I hate them anyway) or any metal buckles or jewelry and it will be just fine.
    Cheer up, Mommies!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think people really need to wake up and see the big picture.

Agreed.

The government isn't doing this to take away rights

Yes, they are.

or anything like that, they are doing it for a safer country.

No, they aren't. Feel free to read through all the questions from the past week and read ALL the links included in them. You're not any safer, if anything, these checks make you less safe by instilling a false sense of security and making employees less likely to do their job well.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• If they would have been doing this on 9/11. things would be alot different today. I think it is good. If you don't agree with it don't fly. It's that simple.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:56 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• If they would have been doing this on 9/11. things would be alot different today.

No, they would not. You aren't doing yourself any favors by lying to yourself about it when the facts are right in front of you.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:55 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Not every person is throughly checked..and if someone throws a bomb up their backside or swallows something NONE of these measures would detect that.I agree with NP..and to add I believe some of this is to see just how far us Americans are really willing to allow the fedgov to go inthe name of 'safety.' Some of you are playing right into it all..easily.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I will NEVER consent to either of the "choices" at the airports. Not for myself, nor my family. YES THEY ARE TAKING AWAY OUR RIGHTS. They say so at the airport!!! Do I worry about the safety of who's on a plane? You better believe I do-that's why I don't fly. Do I hope they lose tons of money on this and are forced to get a different security system? You better believe I do. There may be some people that don't mind unsafe amounts of radiation(really no amount is safe), being viewed naked or being groped, but there are tons of Americans who will. What about children? There have already been tons who have been traumatized by this. And I promise you for anyone who has ever been sexually abused, adult or child, its DEFINITELY traumatizing. Even Hilary Clinton said she would avoid flying if she could to avoid it. Though I imagine they don't make her go through security.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I agree with you, it seems like it would make flying safer. I don't spend any time reading all of the details though, so some are certainly better informed than I am. I appreciate more security.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 3:36 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have no problem with the procedure, it is all aimed for our safety, if you do not care for it just don't fly.

Answer by older at 8:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• the effort to protect comes with some inconvenience. Its all over pretty quick and the people doing it aren't that thrilled about having to do that extra work, either or look at a buncha of ugly strangers all day and night.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• "older" said how I feel, exactly!
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 10:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2010