has anyone smelt a skunk's spray? i've never....

but i heard it smells worst that human poo. how would u describe it? weird question but i am curious.

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 2:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pets

• the fisti initial blast is horrifying, it stings your eyes if your close enough and burns your throat, again if your close enough. Its some nasty stuff. but if it was sprayed a while ago and you happen to walk past the spray zone its not so bad. My grandma had a skunk problem, they kept killing her birds, so for a couple summers in a row when I would go stay with her her hug would smell like skunk.. so the smell makes me think of happy times with my grandma..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Oh yes! I've smelled it often; it's completely different than poo; just a wild-strong-smell! My sister shot a skunk that was in the chicken coop one day. The only thing was that she took 4 shots to kill it; so there were three sprays! Skunk doesn't wash off; it pretty much stays with you until it wears off! We were going to lunch that day with a good friend-who lives in the country too; so she didn't mind it too much. So we went to her husband's restaurant; lunch hour rush; we were sitting there talking and didn't realize that the restaurant completely cleared out once we were seated! Even the waitresses left! Her hubby; my bil; was so pissed at us! It was the funniest thing I have ever seen!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:02 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Many times it is a strong smell.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Ugh, skunk is so smelly. Smells like very concentrated urine, and it's awful. It's a lot worse than cat pee, and it's horrible if it gets on your animals.
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 10:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Skunk is skunk, there is nothing like it. You just have to experience it for yourself. Did you know some humans cannot smell that smell. My friend does not smell it. We could literally be on top of a dead one in the road and she won't smell it. Lucky girl!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It smells like good weed.
    and..it's strong and hard to get rid of.
    Girlsabadfish

Answer by Girlsabadfish at 12:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Its bad
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 6:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010