do you have to pay for tickets so that you can attend your childs christmas concert??

i got a notice from the school today saying that i need to fill out the form provided and tell them how many tickets i want..tickets are $2 each. i am sooooo not impressed!!! every other year each child gets 2 "free" tickets..one for mom, one for dad..any extras were $2/ticket...but this year I have to pay!!!!!!???? i know its not much..i just don't think that's right, at all!!  so i was wondering what your childs school does

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 2:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in

• Wow, that's low. When I was in school we could have basically anyone we wanted for free !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't have any kids in school yet but when I was in school we could invite who we wanted for free too.
    mlg87ok

Answer by mlg87ok at 3:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Anyone can get into my son's Xmas program for free
    PhantomsFairie

Answer by PhantomsFairie at 5:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Up through 6th grade it's free. After that they charge. (not sure what the price is)
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I understand your frusteration. But I look at it as a donation. Because basically that is what it is. Think of it as going towards books, paper, pencils, etc. Heck even the additional cost to keep the lights on for the performance. Its a small fee to enhance your childs learning. Even though its a small, annoying fee, seeings you have to bring them there, and if your school is like ours, often provide the required attire for said event.
    LadyLuck13

Answer by LadyLuck13 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2010