Any BirthMom's out there?

My daughter will be 7 months on December 1. We miss her so much.

I always say, "There isn't a day that goes by when I don't think about my little girl."

But in all honesty, there is.

I carry her heart with me each and every day. I have a necklace her Adoptive Parents gave me for Christmas, months before she was born. It simbolizes her and the love I have for her. She's in my heart and always around my neck. I've never taken it off since.

Is this wrong? ...or is this just me being okay with the situation, knowing she's in a good place. It's not "closure", I don't want that. I just want to be at peace with things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Adoption

• I had my son 18 years ago, and there have been days where I did not consciously think of him due to other things I had going on in my life. That never meant I loved him less, or missed him less. For me it also didn't mean I was at peace. I've struggled many years with his adoption. I think its important to understand that even if you made an informed choice/decision to place your daughter, you will still have a profound loss and will need time to grieve. For me that started with denial, until it was all unleashed 14 years later. Many of the choices and decisions I made in my life we're directly impacted by the adoption. It took me 15 years to realize this. This could be your way to cope or mean you are at peace with your situation, I'm a believer that until you fully grieve the loss you cannot be at peace, however only you will really know. Your thoughts aren't wrong and I don't believe they are uncommon.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010