I don't want people in my home. Is this strange or do other people feel like this to?

I wouldn't really call it a fear or at least I don't think it is but I don't like having people in my home. I don't know what it is, even if my house is clean I will do anything I can to avoid having someone come in my house. I even had a friend about 2 days ago come over to drop something off and she texted me later and asked me if something was up with my house. I didn't know what to say. I don't want to be rude but it just bothers me.

mlg87ok

Asked by mlg87ok at 3:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It sounds like the beginnings of a phobia. Are you afraid they'll bring in germs or you just don't like people or what? Without more information, it's hard to say, but in my opinion, yes it's strange.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No I'm not afraid of germs and its not that I don't like people. I work in a retail job that requires me to deal with people all day and be nice to them no matter what. I mostly have a problem with people coming in my house if its unexpected like if I don't know in advance. And maybe it is just that after I've worked all day or week I don't want to deal with anyone and want to be left alone. I really can't say.
    mlg87ok

Comment by mlg87ok (original poster) at 3:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm the same way. My HOME IS MY SANCTUARY! It's where I get my peace and quiet after dealing with clients and coworkers and people in general. I'm very social BUT not so much in my home. I don't mind family and close friends coming by and visiting but home is my quiet place; if I want to be social and surround myself with people, I do it outside the home (dinner with friends, tickets to a play, etc.).

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm the same way too!
    I don't mind advanced notice and even then I feel like I want them to leave after
    20 minutes or so!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 7:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It sounds like you value your private time. I don't think it's strange necessarily, but I could see your friends questioning why you don't want them to come over.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Shouldn't friends CALL first? I never just stop by someone's house.I call first.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010