Do you agree with the FCC?

Do you believe that things should be censored?? I do NOT! while I agree it IS trashy to curse 24/7 or in your regular conversation, I still do not think ANYONE has the right to take that ability away.. FREEDOM hello!!! This country is getting less and less free...

WhitneyMommyOf2

Asked by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 3:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Thats a tough one. I can see both sides of the debate. I think the majority of the FCC is trying to regulate the main stream media (radio/tv/etc) Since that is something you cannot have age requirements (like needed an I.D. to buy/rent movies and games that may be inappropriot). But I do agree with you, if the government would have faith that we can be responcible parents, and govern what our children can and cannot watch or listen to, they wouldnt need to censor those things for us. This country is far from free... Listening to my grandparents talk of their version of the United States, (which was only 50 years ago), can you imagine what it will be like 50 years from now??
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I agree with some of the FCC rules; public radio and television should be safe for anyone to view. Private stations (XM, specific cable channels, etc.) should be able to show whatever they want. When it comes to censoring music, I get pretty angry - parents can and should be mindful of what their children are listening to. I refuse to shop at WalMart for a lot of reasons, but the fact that they only sell "censored" music really makes me mad.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would have to say I am on the fence with that. I would be just fine monitoring what my kids watch/listen to. However when your children are a certain age are you going to be on them like a hawk trying to ensure they dont have access to whatever your trying to keep them from. I mean in the real world its likely they will hear it anyway, but IDK just me myself, I would be fine if there was less regulation and it was left more up to me!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't believe in censorship but I still really dislike the way people talk now. Why can't people behave in a respectable way anymore?
    I hate the "F" word and so many others.
    Moms here use bad words too and it makes my stomach turn whenever I see them.
    MOMS! They are suposed to be mature,responsible people by the time they have kids! It makes me afraid for their children.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• NO, I believe parents have the responsibility to make sure their kids don't watch trash if they don't want them to see it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't we should be censored, but in a way I believe we already are.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• umm..you got a source or a link or something?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think we need a certain level of censorship on the public airwaves. We can all say it should be up to the parents but there are many parents who just don't care what their kids see or hear. That's obvious when you see little kids being taken to an R-rated movie or being given a video game rated for Mature. You just can't depend on the basic decency of all parents.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Actually I do.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010