my 4 week old wont stop screaming.. HELP

my twins are 4 weeks old and wonderful during the day.... they are either sleeping or awake just perfectly happy looking around.

however once 10pm comes along they start screaming their head off and don't fall asleep till 6am.
My husband and I are very sleep deprived and aggravated to the point where we wish we didnt have kids..... we pretty much were happier while I was still pregnant and the only cherishing we are doing is when their sleeping...

and yes they are clean, fed, burped, rocked, sung to, and everything else in between.

and for those of you who say "sleep when they sleep" HAH obviously you didn't have much of a life because sleeping from 1pm-7pm is not an option

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 3:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is there something that you are eating that is coming through your milk?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My middle daughter did this and the only way to get her to sleep at night was in a vibrating chair next to our bed. It didn't work all the time but it did long enough sometimes to get some sleep. The doctor told me that she might have a little bit of colic and she should stop on her own eventually. He told me it usually starts around 4-6wks and can go on til 4months. You could talk to the doctor and see if maybe something isn't wrong. I hope you get some sleep soon.
    mlg87ok

Answer by mlg87ok at 3:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Oh goodness! Twins and sleep deprivation? You have your hands full! ((hugs)) Have you talked to your pediatrician? Have you tried putting them in something soothing like a swing/whatever you might have like that? Do you swaddle them? I know a lot of questions . . I'm just throwing stuff out there. Are you breast or formula feeding? Maybe they aren't settling well with their formula?
    I am sorry you are sleep deprived! If I knew you, I would come over and help you ;) Hope you get some rest soon.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 3:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My daughter was like this, only I swear it was all day! And it last 'till around four or five months. Good luck. The only thing that helped my daughter and it wasn't a total fix but it made it less intense fuissing was vibration. We had a fisher price chair. BUT now I know that Graco have Pack N Play that has vibration (don't know the model but mine is whatever it is that is the Rittenhouse pattern). That may help.
    My best suggestion, talk to family. Maybe your parents or inlaws or a friend can take one (so like one grandparent has one the other set the other or something) or both of them for the night so you can get a little rest.
    Perhaps alternate with the husband. You get to sleep one night (even if you have to go out on the couch to get peace) and he manges the girls then the next you switch.

JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 5:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Sounds like Colic.. if your bf change whatever your eating.. cutting out any cabbage, caffeine ( yes even chocolate) diet drinks (aspartame) and chilli etc.. anything that is likely to bring my gas in the babies belly. you may even want to get some colic drops from the chemist or health store to help out.. i bf with dd and once i stopped the choc and diet coke she got much better. also remember if it is colic it may take a while to get out of them.. your bubs are only 4 weeks so it may last a few months still.. try those things and look up colic or even reflux and see if they sounds familiar. goodluck
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 6:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I usually don't recommend waking sleeping babies, but it sounds like you may need to help them adjust to the day/night routine. No more sleeping from 1-7pm. Try your hardest to keep them awake during that time, and if they do fall asleep, only let them sleep a couple hours. That way, by night time, they're tired and ready to sleep.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• sometimes adjusting the way you cary them can help. face them to the floor and run your arm up between their legs and support their head in your hand.
    chicmom85

Answer by chicmom85 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My daughter did this for the first 2 months..and I'm am lucky one talking to some moms! She finally slept through the night when I went to stay with my parents for a month. (my husband was deployed and family is 8 hours away) I think my sleep deprivation was causing us both anxious. I got a couple of good nights rest and she started sleeping 6 hours a night. (she had been screaming from 11pm to 6am every night!!) Maybe try having someone come in a night or two and dealing with the crying so you can sleep and see if when you are feeling better they do too. Good luck I know it sucks!!
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2010