Mark 12:25 ... Does that mean my husband won't be my husband?

To be honest Im having a hard time accepting Mark 12:25. I know its not my place to accept what will be, and I should have faith everything will be right. But if Im understanding it correctly, we won't be married. Does that mean we wont have relationships? If Im not a wife, will I still be a mother? Will I no longer be a daughter? :(

http://bible.cc/mark/12-25.htm

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 3:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nothing wil be the same when we get to Heaven. But it will be A GOOD THING! We wil recognize the people we knew on Earth, our loved ones it says. But the roles and responsibilities we had on Earth will be no longer. There will be no going to work, going to school, laboring in any way. Your body wont be the same. It will be healed of anything that was wrong with it:sickness, disformations, etc. It also will not look the same the Bible says. The way I have been taught and understand it to be, your husband will be like someone you love, but I do not beleive there will be husband and wife traditional roles in the sense. Heaven isn't like Earth at all. We are going there to be with God forever. To worship Himand spend eternity with Him and our loved ones. There is no sadness in Heaven, so even though it sounds sad now that your husband wont be your "husband" in Heaven, it wont be sad once in Heaven. :-)
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think we will all be one big family, Gods children, brothers and sisters in Christ. :-)
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 3:29 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Dead people can't have sex, so don't worry about it not being intimate with your DH. They're too busy being all ethereal & ghostly.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Agape Love is what you will experience. We will all be one with Christ Jesus.. the Bride of Christ married to the Bridegroom on that most amazing day. There is not sex invovled... it is a deep deep love that is not explainable here on earth.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I do believe the classic marriage vows state "Till death do us part"...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The intimate love relationship is with Christ (though as Shane stated not in a sexual manner). The relationship with earthly families (including our husbands) will be more of brotherly love.

Sex and the Supremacy of Christ

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Then, it will be a different type of love? not an intimate relationship with my husband..more mutual and platonic? Like a relationship I have with my siblings?
    stenhouse_baby

Comment by stenhouse_baby (original poster) at 3:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I understand that we will 'know' each other so I would think that would mean we would still be in relationship with??? Good question. Please let me know when you find the answer (the real answer) or maybe there really isn't one that we will actually 'know' till we get to heaven. You know some things just aren't answered. What a pain, huh?!
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 3:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think it's more metaphoric....evening out the "playing field" so to speak. Husbands, wives, parents and children....the titles won't matter as we will all be God's children. Period.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 3:46 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• this has upset me before as well......
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2010