how much is adoption?

i was thinkin about adopting a kid , but i dont want to pay thousand of dollars.

jessiewillwife

Asked by jessiewillwife at 4:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Adoption

• Foster adoption doesn't cost you anything, except of course supplies for the child. :-)
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 4:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It is a very time consuming, emotional, expensive, lengthy process. My brother was adopted. It didnt cost that much since he lived with his birth mother while we were trying to adopt him. But my mother had to go to classes to be certified/qualify. They would come to our home unannounced to check in, make sure everything was clean and a healthy enviorment for a child. Even several years after he was adopted they would come over unannounced. It really depends, do you plan to adopt within the united states or over seas? Babies from foreign countries can mean $20,000+

stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I was living with my foster parents when they adopted me and from what i understand it didn't cost anything, besides the cost of having a child, lol. Good Luck!
    armywife009

Answer by armywife009 at 4:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• the average adoption is 35,000 for a healthy child. My parents paid close to 100,000.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It depends on what type of adoption you do. An adoption through an Agency or overseas can cost anywhere from $30,000 and up. If you go through the foster care system, it is not that expensive. I adopted my son, it was a private adoption, but it was kind of through foster care(too long a story to go through here) and it cost $1,900. That was 13 years ago though. If you don't mind having a child that is not a newborn, I would check with foster care.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 2:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Depending on the state you live in and if you adopt international or domestic. International cost a lot more. Our domestic adoption cost about $14,000.
    luvmybgtwins

Answer by luvmybgtwins at 7:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• One inexpenisve way to do it is foster care system. Another ideas is you can put an add in your local (and maybe several other) county saying that you would like to adopt, tell about yourself ect. Then if a birth mother wants to put her child up for adoption, she may call you. At that point, you would only pay for a lawyer and perhaps a few other fees. Of course there is no gaurentee that you will even get a call. Good luck
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Well, if you don't want to pay, then I don't think you are prepared to adopt.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Well cross adoption off of your list then. It is expensive.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 28, 2010