18mo baby has a rash around her nose thats spreading- any ideas?? (picures)

It went from one tiny pimple, to several. A week later it spread over to the other nostril. No its creeping down towards her mouth. Her doctor said it looked like a nose infection, so we used a 10 day course of antibiotic cream.. I really believe thats what made it worse, the stuff was like vasaline. Shes had this for over a month, we still have no idea what it is, or what its caused by. And no idea how to get rid of it.

<A week after it began>

<Three days ago>

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 4:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Health

• To me it just looks like baby acne, but I also know my computer doesn't always make things be the greatest. I have no the faintest what it could be but if you think it's a rash that's spreading then it's best to take her into the dr. as it could be anything. Well and I believe in the better safe than sorry principle!
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 5:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• DS had something like that recently along with an upper respiratory infection. His Dr. said it looked like a bacterial infection that was spreading in the mucus. He prescriped oral antibiotics and mupirocin ointment. It cleared up completely.
    Butter331

Answer by Butter331 at 5:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• looks like impentigo-a bacterial infection usually on the face. needs oral and topical antibiotics to clear up. will spread.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 9:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It seems to be bacterial... take her back to the doctor, and if this one says the same thing and doesn't do anything, get a second opinion...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 4:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• take her to the doc
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010