Irregular periods

What exactly causes irregular periods? Mine were like clockwork to the day from the time I started when I was 10, til the time I had my 2nd child. Since having dd, NOTHING is right!!!!!! They are sometimes 27 days, then the next month will be like 30 then the next may be 25.... I'm only 27 years old. I'm not on any medications, all I take is a vitamin. What gives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Health

• You are getting older, and as we get older our body changes.

My doctor says its just the way our body is. I used to be accurate with my periods, but after I hit the big 4-0..I did not HAVE a period for well over a year.....then learned it was thyroid issues, and I was peri-menopausal. After my son I did not have a period for over a year from 2005-06.

Im older than you are....so to tell you I'm going through funville--- menopause now......and have to take progesterone or I have periods that last 21 days!!! LOVELY!

I guess you can ask your doctor to do a blood test, to rule out anemia maybe and thyroid issues. But I say its more than likely cause you are getting a bit older, had a child so your periods are going to be whack for a while!

Good luck!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• im with you op .. my periods are haywire also
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010