When do you think is a good time to start buying foe your newborn baby

Im 23 weeks now

drea19

Asked by drea19 at 5:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol As soon as you see the + sign on the stick.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• There is just no such thing as being too prepared for a newborn! Especially if its your first. You'll feel less stressed the more prepared you are. Diapers and clothes are a good start and a carseat, all things that baby will need from day 1.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• LOL Yeah I agree with SweetLoveofMine... I started right away... of course by the time my baby was born I had enough stuff to take care of five of them... :D I couldn't help myself... all that baby stuff is too cute. It's the baby stuffs' fault, not mine. :D
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 6:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I start buying once I'm safely out of my first trimester.
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 6:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• have to agree with rokinmom. I had bought clothes first.. i only bought 000 to start with ( which is for a newborn baby in Australia) but only a few as you really dont know if your having a huge or tiny baby. I made sure I had a car seat straight away and a cot. they are the necessities oh and nappies! You may also want to buy a special change table which has a bath in it if you like. but also bear in mind that you may have a baby shower so will get alot of things you may need. have fun doing the shopping. its a great time and they have so many cute things out there for your baby. congrats and goodluck on the birth
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 6:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Once I hit the second trimester, I alreay have the nursery done, and 1/2 of what I need bought!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I started getting the nursery ready when I was about 20 weeks (painting, picking out bedding, etc.). I didn't buy much in the way of clothes until after my baby showers.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have gotten a lot of hand me downs, so that's what is great for me. If this is your first, I'd say to hold off until your baby shower, you'll get things that you didn't even know you would need. As for me, this is my second, so I've got things left over, but still need some things, I'm buying a little each payday. With how expensive things are today it's hard to get everything, and then once baby is here you'll still find things that you need, or that would help you out tremendously.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 9:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We waited untl the first trimester. We had complications and waited for some of them to pass. (but we were excited from the moment the test said we were expecting!)
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 10:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2010