do you buy a Christmas present for people outside your friends/family?

Like do you buy a present for the kid's teacher? The mailman? Your hairstylist? Your nail tech? Yor babysitter? Your pastor? People like that. I don't because I think that it can get out of hand quickly. Where do you stop at- your accountant? The people go on and on. Also I don't do it because some of those people may question why you're doing it or feel embarrassed if they didn't get something for me in return.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 6:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• I give my parents, my aunts, my brother, sister in law, neice, and nephews, and my husbands mom, 2 sisters and grandma, and thats it. lol. - can't afford everyone else! lol
    expectinggracey

Answer by expectinggracey at 7:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Nope. We buy for people who mean something to us.
    rockinmomto2

Answer by rockinmomto2 at 6:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I give the mailman cookies, my babysitter was my daughter so of course she got something a little extra now it's my dad. I am the hair stylist, nail tech etc I do give to my daughters teacher and sometimes the school secretary and her principal but I stop there.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I am so glad you asked this question. I am like you, where does it end. A lot of people buy for my kids and I want to buy them something in return, but the question is what. Last year I ordered from Figi's and I am thinking of either ordering again or buying something similar at Wal Mart.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 1:48 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• not usually, sometimes the kid's teacher, but if I don't know the person passed "hello" then no.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:16 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• although I may give them the junk gifts I didn't want. Its a way to get rid of them in a thoughtful gesture. ;-)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We give wine to some of my DH's business associates, and I always leave cookies for our trash guys. Other than that I don't, unless you count the gifts for Toys for Tots.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I give gifts to co-workers and candy to the kids in my children's classes.
    marlarrie

Answer by marlarrie at 8:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2010