TSA Body Scanner or TSA pat-down?

Which would you pick if you were flying today?

.science.mom.

Asked by .science.mom. at 6:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Travel

• Pat-down. I'm just not sure about the safety of the scanners. The pat-down might be embarrassing, but at least it won't kill me.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I dunno, is the the guy cute? Pat away LOL j/k ;-)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:21 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Well, seeing as I have NO choice because I live outside of the US and I would like to come home once and awhile...I think I would go with the body scan...there is just something about people I don't know touching me that I am not a fan of but would obviously do if I had to!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:29 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Scanner, but if the TSA said they needed to do the pat down I wouldn't object.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I see both sides of the problem but I gusee mine and my families safety will come first. But with each new mouse trap comes a smarter mouse
    chicmom85

Answer by chicmom85 at 7:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Pat down. I like getting felt up by perfect strangers. And I don't even have to ask them to do it:) LOL!!!!

Answer by louise2 at 7:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i'd rather stay home or travel by car. I will NEVER consent to either of those for myself nor my family. I am appalled at the idea of the whole thing.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• deff the scanner...I wouldnt be against either one though...
    Jewels22

Answer by Jewels22 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I agree with the new procedures..but i would prefer not to get the radiation (until they know more about it!) and I would get the pat down!
    GetawayGirl

Answer by GetawayGirl at 11:51 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'd rather drive or take the train for now.

Since these scanners and pat-downs cannot detect anything hidden IN the body, I have to wonder how long before cavity searches become standard procedure? Probably about 24 hours after the first time some whack job smuggles ANFO and a lighter onto a plane stuffed up his bum (or up HER HOOHA). Then we'll all be issued towels and flip-flops at the airport door.

However, if I HAD to choose one, I'd rather accept the radiation that some random woman feeling me up.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2010