Do you...

buy presents for your kid's teachers?

My DH is really big on it, but I never give it any thought till he mentions it. I dunno the person enough to know what to get or give them much thought outside an official school setting, let alone spend money on them.

I know its a nice gesture and I get more into the idea if its my child that wants to give their teacher something personally. Makes more sense since they are with them all day and kinda get to know em.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 6:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in

• My parents always bought my teachers expensive things to basically look like they were made of money(which they weren't) and to also brown-nose. I never agreed with it. Now, sadly that I have my first child in kindergarden, it seems that their tradition lives on...They have in 3 short months of school, already brown-nosed and shoveled more money than a snow plow could hold! I can't stand it. I think if you MUST get a teacher a gift, then it should be inexpensive and something that the child makes. Like a pencil holder for her desk, or a homemade ornament. Plus, when they surveyed teachers, the homemade gifts are what they said they liked the best anyways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I always just give a coffee cup with some good candy it in. They might get those alot, but i'm sure they enjoy the candy. It,s the thought that counts.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Something for the classroom is a good idea.
    A gift certificate to a restaurant.
    A gift certificate to the teacher store.
    Something small to let them know you recognize and appreciate them.
    It also helps your child when he sees others giving a gift, he won't feel left out.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I was told any kind of gift card is usually appreciated.
    chicmom85

Answer by chicmom85 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2010