• In the Spotlight:

Do you agree with this statement?

"The bride is the most important part of the wedding."

I know its mostly centered around what she wants and its highly feminine, but I mean cmon...she's not exactly marrying herself. Someone's son is getting married, too.

Edit: What's the groom's motivation to go thru it then if he's not equally as important. Its his big day, too.

And knowing the man doesn't care as much about the little details, doesn't that put a damper on the meaning of it for the bride if its that one-sided? Actually, many men don't even get a choice, so thats why they don't care, as well. Many men would be just as happy with a small short ceremony and be done with it (AND keep all that wedding money for themselves)

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 6:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hmm yes you have a point. being married myself everyone said the same. but hubby also is important too :) poor guy always gets forgotten huh? I agree the wedding should be on the bride and groom as a couple.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 6:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• She's not the most imporant thing....husband and wife are equal. BUT it is the bride's day. This means that she gets to decide the colors and flowers and such. Husbands usually don't care about those things. They may give an opinion but really they don't care if the cake is 3 tier or 4! They are more looking forward to the reception where they can let their hair down so to speak and th ahiem post-nuptials.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 6:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Well.........with out either the Bride OR Groom......there would not be a wedding! LOL

So they're both important actually!

Men generally do not care about the smaller details from invitations to the color of the tablecloths!

Imagine next seasons show called "GROOM-ZILLA'S"

OMG!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 6:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Just look at the beginning of the ceremony. The bride makes her "grand entrance" from the back, and everyone stands up to look at HER. Not the groom. That's not to say the groom isn't equally important in the MARRIAGE, but in the WEDDING, the bride is the star, and everyone knows it.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 6:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I really cant offer a valid answer for this ? but i can say that i think they make it more so for the Bride because usually its her Dress that stands out and the fact its usually (I BELIEVE AND DONT QUOTE ME) its usually her family that pays for the wedding. And from people I know that have gotten married its usually the Bride and maybe her friends who makes the plans for the wedding/reception. Again this is mainly based on the people I know who have gotten married!!!
    lnkforever

Answer by lnkforever at 8:02 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The bride plans everything, she has the "big entrance" - but I don't think it's just "her" day. A lot depends on the couple getting married. My DH and I were equally important on our day, that's the way it should be. Some women really do believe it's "their day" and I feel bad for their husbands.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The man is JUST as important, but i've seen lots of grooms step aside to let their bride be in the light! But ya, they should be JUST as important!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It is the son, but it is not the mother.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Lets face the day is for the bride. Hopefully the bride and groom have already done a lot of thinking about what it takes to make a marriage a good and healthy union. The party or wedding reception, the bride is the center of attention for the day, the groomer matters too but we love looking at the bride.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I can see why the men don't care, then. Seems kinda boring for them to be made so insignificant on their supposedly big day. No wonder they forget their anniversaries and record over wedding videos lol. It wasn't that big a day for them in everyone else's eyes, so they don't car either. They weren't celebrated, just their bride was. If ya think about it based on what you guys said. I do agree with you, its very bride-oriented, as such from the groom's perspective...yawn, lets get this over with.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 6:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2010