Should a mother go topless on vacation infront of her children?

I just recently came from a winter break abroad and was suprised to see how many moms were sunning topless around their children. What do think about this? Have you ever done this?

Hayley790

Asked by Hayley790 at 7:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't do it.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 7:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I do not find it upsetting to be in front of your children topless. My concern is being in front of outsiders in the presence of her children while she is topless. It is a poor role model and example to be setting.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Europeans do things differently then us Americans. Live in Germany for 5 years. Nudity is not a bad thing in Europe like it is here in America.

Answer by louise2 at 7:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• meant "lived"

• I wouldn't do it, but I'm not from a country that considers that OK, so that would be far beyond my comfort level.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would do it in Europe...SURE!

My DD sees me naked all the time anyway, we're not ashamed of our beautiful bodies. DH won't go walking around with his dong hanging out though...LOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• spent a while in Europe and sex and nudity are very acceptable I think it is wonderful that they make it so open and comfortable. They think america is hippocritacle in this sense because we have the largest porn industry in the world.
    chicmom85

Answer by chicmom85 at 7:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would not do it in any setting, but I don't criticize those who do.  To each his own.

Answer by older at 7:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I wouldn't do it
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• you went on vacation abroad and all you can talk is someone sunning themselves topless? wow I have been on those beaches when I went to new zealand Australia and england and I was more glad I went then caring about people without shirts on.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2010