Is brown spotting normal during pregnancy?

I woke up at 3 in the morning and had to pee real bad so when i go to the bathroom i realize i have nearly covered my underwear with brown discharge, it wasn't heavy, but definitely noticeable, there is also some light cramping and i'm having mild morning sickness! I am 9 weeks pregnant and am very concerned this could be bad news. Please help! (P.S. i have my first doctors appointment in two days)

Katrina743

Asked by Katrina743 at 7:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would call your doctor no matter what to be safe.
    I'm not sure that it is normal honey but the cramping has me concerned and that you are
    so early into your pregnancy.
    Best of Luck Sweetie!
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 7:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• brown spotting can be normal but the cramping is cause for concern. call the doc. they really don't care for you to call anytime.
    chicmom85

Answer by chicmom85 at 7:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Call your doc ASAP!! I had an ectopic pregnancy and it started just like this. I also had a normal pregnancy with spotting but no cramping. If the cramping gets worse go right to the ER, when ectopc pregnancys rupture it can be dangerous for you. If you cant get ahold of your doc then I would go to a walk in clinic and get checked today!!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:29 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i cramped so bad durring the first few weeks that i thought i was dying, and i had ultrasounds and emergency visits, and everytime they told me it was just my uterus stretching, and guess what sweetie? i am now 37 weeks pregnant!!! They told me to worry when i had period like bleeding, the discharge was normal... but if it concerns you, then please get checked!
    expectinggracey

Answer by expectinggracey at 2:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010