Do child rapist go to hell or are they forgiven.. want does your religion say?

I am not particularly religious, but if their was any unforgiveable sin, i would think this would be it. I read a lot of post on suicide and how that is a sin, or infidelity. .. suicide cannot be worse then child rape/ molestation. what does your religion say about that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My believe says: "Exclude them from health insurance. Chop their dicks off and have them fix themselves with a rusty needle and a piece of used floss!"
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 7:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Karma. I don't believe they go to hell, but i believe that either in this life, or the next that Karma will show him his horrible actions against himself. By doing unforgivable acts, they are creating a LIVING hell for themselves in their next life.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My religion doesn't believe on passing responsibility off to supreme beings - they should be dealt with long before they die, not left to someone else to handle for you.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• As much as I'd like to see them burn in hell my belief is that
    anyone can gain enterance to Heaven if they believe that Jesus died for their sins and ask for forgiveness
    for their sins.
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 7:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• If they with a sincere heart ask for forgiveness the Blood of Jesus will forgive them!
    carolynmamaw

Answer by carolynmamaw at 7:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't believe in religious sin. But childhood sexual abuse is wrong and unlawful. It's a crime against body and spirit. But I'm also a survivor of CSA so I'm highly biased. I have hope in reincarnation and I hope that their next life they will not harm another person like that. I wouldn't wish that on a perp either. No one deserves the pain that CSA causes.

I don't have a saviour religion so there is no redemption, no forgiveness from a deity. If one wants forgiveness they would have to earn that from those they harmed. I don't have to forgive them. They have to work out their faults and problems instead of relying on divine forgiveness.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm buddhist... so there is no hell / heaven type threat / reward.
    suicide isn't a bad thing in all cases, it is a failing on the rest of society that we couldn't / didn't support the person enough through their problems. Only the individual knows how much pain someone's in.... punishing someone for being in pain makes absolutely no sense.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 8:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• There is only one unforgivable sin. That one is not it. But if the individual truly repents of their sins and follow the Lord, they will go to Heaven. No sin is greater than any other in Jesus' eyes. Humans are the ones that put a value on it.
    LadyTierney

Answer by LadyTierney at 10:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• That is not an unforgivable sin. If the person repented and turned form their sin, they would go to heaven. If the person did not repent and accept salvation, they would go to hell.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 11:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• From a Chirstian stand point the only difference between those who goes to heaven & hell is whether or not the person accepted Christ as their personal Lord & Saviour. Past behaviour & even future (except for denying the receipt of salvation) have no bearing.

People argue about the validity of a person's salvation & the closeness of their relationship with God based on the person's actions, whether they reflect the fruits of the spirit, etc. But in the end God reads hearts & only he could say who is truly saved.

Based on that molesters, rapists, murderers, you name it can & do go to heaven. Peace-makers, those who to work to help those in need, those who fight for those who have no rights, those who lay down their lives for a greater good, or fight for the preservation of the earth they can & do go to hell.

That's what I was always taught as a Christian & is now one of many reasons why I'm not Christian.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010