What do you do if you are a SAHM and your child is in school all day?

jenmose

Asked by jenmose at 7:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Organize the home. Volunteer.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Mine won't be in school full time until next fall, but I plan on going back to school and getting my degree.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Shop, clean, laundry, (cafemom), run errands maybe, play some video games if i get all my housework done.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:16 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Sit on my ass. Seriously... I sit here and watch TV or am on the computer. I also take a nap for about three hours. I'M BORED OUT OF MY FRIGGIN' MIND. I worked for 17 years and have only been a SAHM since March and I'm about to go crazy. My baby is due soon and I'm looking forward to having something to do with my time.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I still have 3 home when 2 are in school, but I would do the same thing, clean more, bake, crafts, and volunteer work!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• sit on my butt online all day long....LOL JK i clean the house first thing in the morning, wash laundry if i have any to do ummmmm and thats about it, oh and look for a job!! And make dinner if im making a casserole or somehing of that sort, sometimes bake some cookies or what not, idk i fly by the seat of my pants, lol, im only home alone for 4 hours of the day though
    angelgrl5200

Answer by angelgrl5200 at 7:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I babysit three kids to help out with the income.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'd go crazy if all I did was sit! my day starts at 5:30 am waking up my kids making sure they get on their bus,then I eat and take a shower,then at 7:30 am it's time to wake up my lo and get him ready for the bus at 8:30,then I start laundry,fix my hair, do dishes, clean the livingroom,clean up the kitchen,clean the bathroom,keep doing laundry, run any errands I need to while my kids are at school then they come home and it's time for homework then I make dinner and get my kids ready for bed then I sit and relax until I'm ready for bed.
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 7:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I am not working right now but this is not my usual thing. I put the girls on the bus and either take a 3 hour nap or go to school if I have class that day. I then do a power clean for about an hour and tada...my house is clean and I am well rested. I do not do anything while my kids are home. It is all homework, snacks, dinner, loves and cuddles and games. I refuse to clean while they are awake and home. I may also play the PS3 or run errands.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• There are a lot of organizations looking for holiday volunteers. Call your town/county/city offices and inquire.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2010