Is it normal to feel like my baby is about to fall out?

This question may sound silly, but im serious. Yesterday, i was walking through the grocery store and i had to stop in the middle of the isle because it felt like my baby was about to come right out, and i honestly thought my water was about to break because of the pain that come with it. I am 37 weeks pregnant, i go today for my weekly check up. Im hoping that I have dialated, i want some progress ya know? - I have high blood pressure and he is going to induce me at 39 weeks. My mom is going into the hospital 2 days before that, and Im very stressed out because no one will be able to go back with me because of her being in surgery herself. Could i request to be induced before my mom goes into the hospital? My husband cant get off work unless he knows for sure when, so im thinking of just asking my doctor to see what he says... Please help!

expectinggracey

Asked by expectinggracey at 7:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds to me like the baby is setting into your pelvis. May happen sooner than you think.
    chicmom85

Answer by chicmom85 at 8:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Ask your doctor about inducing you earlier. Hope every things goes well for you and your mom.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 8:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm 35 weeks and have had similar feelings from around 30wka..isn't it horrible!! My midwife said its totally normal tho.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i went to the doctor today and he told me that its her sitting on my pelvis... he is gonna induce me.. he put me on strict bedrest, but did give me permission to go to and fro for thanksgiving! lol. thank goodness! =) lol - we shall see, i have 2 more weeks to go! my blood pressure was verrrrrry high both times they checked, but i hope the bed rest does the trick!
    expectinggracey

Comment by expectinggracey (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010