How to inact a no shoe policy in my house?

I just spent 2 hours on my hands and knees this morning scubing gum off my floor that my HUSBAND tracked in. I have spoken the no shoe policy and I have put a chair next to the front door (the door most commonly used). Any other ideas?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 7:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Every time someone comes in the house. Tell them. "TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF"
    You might want to inform every one of the policy.

Answer by louise2 at 7:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Use a quarter jar theory. Every time they come in with shoes they put in a quarter. It worked with me for swearing. Good luck
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Put a sign on the door that says, "Please remove shoes before entering"? Provide slippers to put on when the shoes are removed. Or there are even those little disposable thingeys that you can buy to put on over your shoes, so he could wear those when he wants to keep his shoes on. I'm not sure where you get those, but my son who is an engineer, had them on the other day because he had been out to a muddy construction site. Look on the internet. I'm sure you can find them. Doctors and nurses wear them, too, so somebody has to mass produce them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• IDK, people automatically remove in my house, done it since day one :) We have a wood show rack that they go on, and people see it and just do it :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Buy a shoe rack and put it by the front door! So its a constant reminder..when you come in your shoes come off!! PERIOD there should be no, im just going to run and grab this comment! That means you too momma! I was never allowed to wear shoes in my moms house!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2010