How long after a c-section will you have a period?

My son was born on October 2nd this year and I only bled for like a week and a half and have not had anymore bleeding. My boyfriend and I had sex but he didn't come close to finishing (sorry if that is too much) and we stopped. I'm scared to death because I already have 2 babies. I am not ready for another one. We have had sex like this before I got pregnant with my newborn and I never got pregnant I was just looking for answers to my question. This was my first c section. With my first son I had a vaginal delivery and bled for a long time and that is what I was expecting this time too. PLEASE HELP!

proudmama_2boys

Asked by proudmama_2boys at 9:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Health

• Are you breastfeeding? If so, it can take a while. I had my son 5 months ago and still no period. But I'm BFing.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Oh yeah, I had a c-section. Forgot to add.
    LaurenKaye29

• It's different with every woman, but I breastfed and bottle fed the twins after a c-section. I had a period for about 2 weeks, then it picked back up again after about a month. So, it just depends on you. Your stress could also delay your period. But you're not supposed to have sex for at least 6 weeks after a baby, vaginal or c-section.
    Mom63601

Answer by Mom63601 at 1:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2008