you feel about being a SAHM?

I have decided to try being a SAHM. I am pretty sure I am going to lose my mind. I have always worked and I love doing it. I really don't think I am going to be able to continue to stay at home. My only problem is I feel like I am abandoning my son. I really don't know what to do.

chicmom85

Asked by chicmom85 at 8:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I love it and my title is a Domestic Engineer.

Answer by older at 8:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I love being able to stay at home for my kids, but not all moms can or want to do it. This is a personal choice and maybe for you, being the best mom you can be means working outside the home.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I know what it's like to feel torn!! Can you work part time?? Then you get a little of what you need... work and the feelings of self worth that come with it, social interaction, etc... and your son gets you most of the time. That how we handed it b/c I was going to go INSANE if I stayed home 24/7!! :o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You could do both with a small part time job. www.indeed.com might be helpful. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I am a SAHM plus I babysit three kids while my kids are at school. Works out good for me.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• That could be a great option. My husband supports me either way so it really is up to me. I also think going to daycare will help him socialize and be a more rounded baby.
    chicmom85

Comment by chicmom85 (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I Love being a SAHM! The house is always clean, I get to cook 3 meals a day ( I ove to cook) I have time to work out, I can do all my crafts, and I joned the PTA and do allot of activities with the kiddos! Its all up to you :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I enjoy it myself, I plan on going back to work when my girls are in school. But in all reality I have my hands full w/ kids, a farm, a high maintence husband who expects 3 home cooked meals a day, and clean house. Laundry alone can be a nightmare w/ the stage my l/o is in where if a drop of water touches her the whole outfit has to be changed! Then not to mention the accidents!
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 9:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Find a cooperative preschool. This is one where the enrolled families actually own the school so they run it. That means it takes more involvement than the drop off/pick up of normal preschools. It also means parents rotate a schedule of working in the classroom with the teachers. You could also take on the responsibility of one of the board positions or chair a committee. Also, find a mom's group and get involved with it. I couldn't find one when I quit so I started my own and hosted it on Yahoo! Groups. It's been wonderful. If you still feel like you need more going on, consider volunteering somewhere...I did Meals on Wheels with my kids. It helped them give back to the community and also learn about the importance of helping others. Also, look into the programs your local library offers. Most around here have age-specific weekly classes.

Good luck. You'll find the right fit.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 10:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2010